Why Cribs Are Essential for Your Baby?
Wondering why a crib for your baby is important?
Cribs are crucial for several reasons.
Firstly, it provides a safe and secure sleeping environment for infants, with high sides or railings to prevent them from falling out or getting trapped. This ensures their safety and gives you, the parent, peace of mind.
Secondly, cribs for your baby promote healthy sleep habits by offering a comfortable and dedicated space for babies to rest. It allows parents to establish a sleep routine.
Before we set out to find the best wooden cribs for your baby, let’s sort one thing out: the difference between cribs and cradles.
Cradle vs Crib: Choosing the Best Bedding Option for Your Little One
- Design: A crib is a bed for infants or young children that typically has high sides or railings and a sturdy frame. It is usually rectangular or square in shape and is larger than a cradle. A cradle, on the other hand, is a small, low bed that is designed to rock or swing gently. It is often more compact and has a more curved or oval shape.
- Functionality: A crib is primarily used for sleeping and providing a safe and secure space for a baby. It is typically stationary and may have adjustable mattress heights to accommodate the baby’s growth and mobility. Cribs for your baby are often used for an extended period, as they can be converted into toddler beds or even full-size beds with the right accessories. Cradles, on the other hand, are designed to provide a soothing and calming motion to help lull a baby to sleep. They have a gentle rocking or swinging motion and are usually used for newborns or very young infants.
- Portability: Cribs are generally larger and less portable compared to cradles. Cribs for your baby are typically assembled in a fixed location in the nursery and may require disassembly for transportation. Cradles, on the other hand, are often more lightweight and portable. They can be easily moved from one room to another, allowing parents to keep the baby close by in different areas of the house.
Things to Consider before buying a Crib for your baby
- Prioritize safety & security
For cribs, the first concern for parents is safety.
The best wooden crib for a baby should meet safety standards. It should have the appropriate slat spacing. It should be sturdy. The crib should be made from non-toxic materials.
2. Look at quality and durability
Invest in a crib that is well-built and made from high-quality materials.
Check the craftsmanship, the strength of the frame, and the reliability of the hardware.
A durable crib will last longer and provide a safe and comfortable sleeping environment for your baby.
3. Choose adjustable mattress heights
Look for cribs for your baby that offer adjustable mattress heights.
This feature allows you to lower the mattress as your baby grows, ensuring their safety and making it easier to lift them in and out of the crib.
It also prevents older babies from climbing out of the crib and reduces the risk of falls.
4. Go for convertibility
The best wooden crib for your baby will offer convertibility options.
Convertible cribs can be transformed into toddler beds, daybeds, or even full-size beds as your child grows.
While they may be more expensive initially, they can save you money in the long run by eliminating the need to purchase additional furniture as your child transitions.
5. Consider size & space
Modern homes often have space constraints. So it is crucial to choose a crib that fits well within the available area.
Opt for cribs with compact designs or consider portable options like bassinets or co-sleepers. These can be placed next to your bed for easy access during nighttime.
6. Look for ease of assembly
Check customer reviews or ask about the ease of assembly for the crib.
Some cribs come with complex instructions or require additional tools, while others are designed for quick and hassle-free assembly.
Make sure you feel comfortable with the assembly process or consider seeking professional help if needed.
7. Keep co-sleeping in mind
Co-sleeping is a common practice among us Indians, with parents sharing the bed with their infants.
While this can foster closeness and bonding, it is essential to maintain a safe sleep environment. If co-sleeping is your preference, explore cribs for your baby that allow sidecar configurations, attaching the crib to your bed safely.
Features of Wakefit’s Cribs: The best wooden crib for babies in India
1. Load tested
Wakefit cribs have undergone testing to determine their weight-bearing capacity and ensure that it can safely support the weight of a baby. Load testing ensures that the crib is sturdy and can withstand the necessary weight without compromising safety.
A convertible crib is designed to adapt to the changing needs of your child as they grow.
Wakefit’s 2-in-1 Bumblebee Sheesham Wood Crib-cum-Table transforms into a changing table for your baby. It also works as a desk when your baby grows up and needs to practice their ABCs.
The Wakefit 2-in-1 Megatron Sheesham Wood Crib-cum-Bed converts into a toddler bed or even a full-size bed, allowing the crib to be used for an extended period.
3-in-1 Optimus Sheesham Wood Crib-cum-Bed-cum-Sofa by Wakefit can be modified according to your child’s age and height. It is a crib that’s also a bed and works perfectly as a sofa too.
3. Safe with Soft Edges
Wakefit best wooden crib for a baby is designed with soft, rounded edges to minimize the risk of injury.
Soft edges reduce the chances of accidental bumps or bruises when your baby comes in contact with the crib’s sides.
4. Adjustable Mattress Heights
Adjust the height of the crib’s mattress to match your baby’s growth and developmental stages.
Initially, the mattress can be set at a higher position for easier access to a newborn. As your baby grows and starts to sit up or stand, the mattress can be lowered to prevent them from climbing out of the crib and ensure their safety.
5. Easy Movement within the Crib
Wakefit cribs allow for easy movement of your baby within the crib. The cribs come with a spacious interior, sufficient legroom, or no obstructive bars or partitions to hinder your little one’s movement. The crib, therefore, work as a playpen.
Some Wakefit cribs come with built-in storage. The drawers provide convenient space to store baby essentials like diapers, blankets, or toys. This optimizes the use of space in your nursery and keeps essential items within reach.
Visit www.wakefit.co for the best affordable cribs & cradle range.