In today’s anxiety-inducing modern environments, it becomes important to take a breather. Start every morning rejuvenated with Supta Baddha Konasana so that you keep calm throughout the day and keep your anxiety in check. This will enable you to end your days on a more relaxed note and sleep easy and get a night of deep sleep.
The Supta Baddha Konasana is one of the restorative yoga poses meant for sleeping and body correction. It instilled a sense of calm and relaxation in you and can be an answer to how to sleep easy or how to quickly fall asleep once you hit the sack.
The asana also helps you open up your hips and thighs, which in turn, makes other postures a walk in the park. The Supta Baddha Konasana is also referred to as the Reclined Goddess Pose, Bound Angle Pose Yoga or the Reclined Cobbler’s Pose.
The Bound Angle Yoga Pose should be performed in the morning, before breakfast. However, if mornings are not a suitable time for you, then evenings work too. One of the main Supta Baddha Konasana benefits is that performing the asana helps to sleep easily, but ensures there is a gap of three to five hours between the meal and the practice.
Supta Baddha Konasana Steps: How To Perform Bhadrasana Yoga
To get all the Supta Baddha Konasana benefits it is important to perform the asana properly. Here are the steps to do this:
- To begin the Supta Baddha Konasana, sleep easily on the mat with your chest facing the ceiling.
- Relax your shoulders and keep your spine straight. Make sure there is no strain on the neck and sleep easy. Also, double-check that the shoulders are not lifted off the mat.
- Now gently bend the knees and bring the feet together. Make certain that your feet remain on the mat. Now slowly and gently bring your heels closer to the pelvic region. Your hands, during the asana, should lie next to the hips. Your palms should face the mat and should be pressed on it.
- Now exhale and contract your abdomen muscles so that the tailbone moves closer to your pubic bone. There should be no pain in the lower back region as you stretch. If there is any pain, then immediately discontinue the bound angle pose yoga.
- Perform them very slowly to bring stability to your spine and pelvis tilts. Quick movements can cause sprains. Hold this posture for about 20 seconds to get maximum benefits.
- Inhale quickly, and then exhale slowly letting your knees to open, thus giving a good stretch in your pelvic region as well as inner thighs. Do not forcefully arch your spine, and always ensure that the shoulders relax and are not too close to the neck. Hold this pose for 30 seconds, breathing slow and soft.
- Exhale and slowly come out of the pose. Be slower when coming out of any pose than you did while going into it. Your body is very tender when exiting a pose, and might get hurt if you are too quick. Also, before complete release, hold your knees together and slowly rock from one side to another for 10 seconds. This will help your body relax, sleep easy at night and get optimal benefits.
- To deepen the pose, use your arms also. Raise your arms so that they are towards the ceiling. Broaden the shoulder blades across the back, inhale and stretch your arms over the head, floor and palms towards the ceiling.
- This pose can be followed by other poses like Malasana, Gomukhasan and Padmasana.
Supta Baddha Konasana Benefits
- This asana helps in activating the ovaries. The Supta Baddha Konasana benefits the other parts of the body like the prostate gland, kidneys, and urinary bladder.
- Practising this pose improves blood circulation and stimulates the heart.
- Supta Baddha Konasana benefits your pelvic region, inner thighs, and your knees to get a very necessary and good stretch.
- Any type of mild depression, anxieties or tensions, can get better with this asana.
- Any tensions in the muscles are alleviated, and through this insomnia and insomnia can also be cured.
- This pose helps to calm the mind and sleep easily.
- The stress on the nervous system is reduced by practising this yoga asana.
- This asana induces sleep.
- As this is one of the best restorative yoga poses, your body feels energized.
- This posture also soothes your digestive system and your reproductive system. The Supta Baddha Konasana benefits are not just promoting health but also easing symptoms of conditions like menstrual disorders, menopause, infertility, irritable bowel movement, etc.
- It helps you bid farewell to headaches.
- The Bhadrasana yoga benefits your hip flexors and therefore opens them up.
Precautions To Be Taken While Practising The Reclined Bound Angle Pose
Before you practice the Supta Baddha Konasana, there are a few precautions that you must keep in mind.
- To get the best of this asana, you must refrain from performing this asana in case of knee injuries, groin injuries, any kind of pain in the lower back and/or the hip.
- Supta Baddha Konasana should be practised by pregnant women only under the supervision of a yoga instructor. Also, while in this position, their chest, as well as their head, must be lifted above the mat using support. Apart from this, practising yoga regularly helps to reap more of their benefits to your overall well-being.
Props And Modifications Of The Supta Bhadrasana
While it is an answer to how to quickly fall asleep, for some people it can cause strain in the groins and thighs. This causes many people to quit doing it. Instead of that, you can place a block or a folded blanket above the stretch of the groins. The support that you place should be of the same height.
While performing the supta baddha konasana can help you sleep easier and better, the other thing to keep in mind is to maintain a proper sleep schedule and sleep routine. Going to bed at the same time and waking up at the same time is very good for the heart and to sleep easily, according to research. Experts explain that the answer for how to quickly fall asleep on weekends is, one should replicate their sleep schedule as closely as possible. This could be the answer to your everlasting question of how to sleep easy.
Apart from maintaining a proper schedule, how to quickly fall asleep is to expose the body to daylight and darkness so that it helps to regulate the internal body clock. Another tip on how to sleep easy is to avoid naps during the day. Keep a check on what you eat, when you eat, and how much you eat. Switch off all blue light emitters a few hours before bed. Follow these and address the issue of how to quickly fall asleep.
Another important tip on how to quickly fall asleep is investing in a good mattress, quality bed, and pillow which suits your needs. This is another very important step to take when trying to sleep easily and improve sleep quality. Our Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress gives you the ultimate support and the luxurious comfort you deserve.