How To Choose The Best Memory Foam Pillow
Selecting that one best memory foam pillow that suits your needs from amongst all the memory foam pillow brands available, seems like a herculean task. However, if you want absolute comfort when you lie down in bed, and don’t want to wake up with a stiff neck, or worse, low back pain, then you need to put in effort, time, and energy in finding the best pillow.
A memory foam pillow is one of the most popular type of pillow in the market right now. It’s a pillow that has a good density, provides good height and support to the neck, spine, and shoulders, and is affordable. Plus, it’s durable, and is super easy to adjust its height.
Image source: Pixabay, under Creative Commons License
Reasons for buying memory foam pillow
- The quality and comfort that it provides are a hit amongst many people suffering from back/neck/shoulder pain.
- It changes shape in response to body heat, making it one of the most comfortable pillows out there.
- It contours itself to the shape of the head, giving ultimate comfort.
- It is neither too firm, nor too soft, which makes it ideal for someone suffering from back/neck/shoulder pain.
Types of memory foam pillows
The best brands offer a variety of shapes and styles. You need to choose the one that suits your needs the best, because each type serves a different purpose. Here’s a handy guide into the world of the best memory foam pillows.
- Traditional memory foam pillow: This is the most popular amongst all types of memory foam pillows. They are of relatively low height, rectangular pillows, which are cut to size and are single-piece pillows. Based on the type of edge they have – single seamed edge or double seamed edge – they offer support to the neck, spine, and shoulders.
- Contour memory foam pillow: This is a literal slab of foam that has a subtle groove and two rides that run horizontally from one side to the other. The head rests cradled in the groove, while the ridges support the neck. People with neck pain prefer contoured memory foam pillows.
- Shredded memory foam pillow: These pillows are oblong in shape, similar to the traditional memory foam pillows. The height is neither too low, nor too high, just average, making it one of the best memory foam pillow for different sleeping positions. They contain tiny pieces of shredded foam inside that are compacted together to form the filling for these pillows, hence the name. Not only does the shredded foam inside allow breathability, it also keeps it cool and airy, not making it a heat trap. The best part about shredded memory foam pillows is that it not only gives you the advantage of a traditional memory foam pillow but also take care of the disadvantages like not being hard for neck and keeps you cool through out night.
- Wedge memory foam pillow: This is a giant triangular-shaped piece of foam, which is most commonly used to prop up various parts of the body for different purposes. The size of the wedge, along with the angle of the slope vary, based on it’s usage. Since it is quite conforming, it is not breathable, making it a heat trap. However, this very nature is beneficial for people suffering from respiratory problems, sinusitis, or acid reflux problems.
These are all the best memory foam pillow options available in the market right now. So you need to do your due diligence, and then invest in the best memory foam pillow brand that suits you.
Featured image source: Pixabay, under Creative Commons License