What happens when the traveler and foodie in you is locked inside the home? You travel through recipes and pacify both the traveler and the foodie!
It is the most testing time for you when you cannot step out and travel the world or savour different cuisines from all your favourite restaurants. Every place you visit is bound to have it’s traditional/popular cuisine that tends to become a part of your journey. Some adventure seekers travel just to try all the cuisines of the world and some love to travel and live the experience through food.
Well, it’s time to show off your lust for adventure at home and try some easy recipes and cure those hunger pangs.
We promise these recipes are bound to wake the traveller in you!
Chomp on churros
- A Mexican delight
1 cup of water
2 ½ Tbsps sugar
½ tsp salt
1 cup flour
Oil to fry
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, sugar, salt and oil. Bring to a boil and remove from heat. Stir in flour until mixture forms a ball.
- Heat oil for frying in deep-fryer. Pipe strips of dough into hot oil using a pastry bag. Fry until golden; drain on paper towels.
- Combine 1/2 cup sugar and cinnamon. Roll drained churros in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Enjoy!
- A Middle Eastern brekkie
1 medium onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp chilli powder
3 whole peeled tomatoes
5 large eggs
salt and pepper, to taste
1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped.
- Heat olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add the chopped bell pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour juiced tomatoes into the pan and break down the tomatoes using a large spoon. Season with salt and pepper and bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Use your large spoon to make small wells in the sauce and crack the eggs into each well. Cover the pan and cook for 5-8 minutes, or until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and parsley!
Travel through recipes to any country of your choice. This lockdown period, learn something new each day as you dive into the cuisines of your favourite place, at home.