If you are looking to buy a new bed mattress, it is not an easy decision to make. There are numerous choices to consider like, starting from the type of mattress to buy, Mattress size, brands to choose, online or store purchase and much more. Please read below to learn more about it.
Determine If You Need A New Mattress: Many people use their mattress even past its life without realizing it is not fit for use. A quality mattress of any make of good material lasts for up to 7 to 8 years after which it starts to wear out, and you wake up feeling pain in the back or neck.
Budget: Now that you have decided you need a new mattress, it is now time to set a budget. You don’t have to become bankrupt to buy a new mattress as even an averagely priced one can provide enough comfort, support, and durability. Depending on the quality of materials used it can range from a few hundred dollars to a thousand dollars. There are many online resources where you can find options ranging from Rs.35500 to Rs.85300 depending on the bed sizes. You can also get additional savings if you buy during a holiday season or a sale. Another thing to note is that paying a higher price does not guarantee you quality. If you find an online deal for a king bed for say less than Rs.35500 it does not guarantee durability.
Choosing Mattress Type and Material:
Memory foam: It conforms to the shape of the body and regains back the original form once you get out of the bed. It can also isolate motion and thus suitable if you sleep with a partner who tosses and turns a lot. The only drawback is that it can retain heat and so not ideal for people who get hot at night. Manufacturers have come up with a gel technology which reduces the heat. Good for people who want good support and relief from pain.
Hybrid: It is a combination of coils and memory foam. It provides great comfort and support to the best. It also aids in promoting proper spine alignment. The amount of foam available in the mattress depends on the firmness level. The drawback of this type is that it is expensive when compared to other types. Good for people who need support, bounce, and relief from pressure points.
Latex: It is a great mix of breathability, response, comfort, and bounce. It is made from latex found in a rubber tree and thus environmental-friendly, and it does not have any odors. Good for people who are looking for support, bounce, cooling, and durability.
- A person who weighs more than 90 Kgs should choose a firm mattress so that the body does not sink.
- People who are in the range of 68 Kgs to 90 Kgs should opt for a firmness range of 5 to 7 as they provide proper comfort and support. If you are a side sleeper, then a range of 3 to 5 is ideal.
- If you weigh less than 68 Kgs that a queen bed or a double bed in the firmness range of 3 to 4 is ideal as it is soft and provides enough support.
- Back sleepers: They need a mattress which is neither too hard nor too soft. The perfect firmness range on a scale of 10 is 5 to 7. Memory foam is the best type as it provides comfort and also helps in spinal alignment and support. If you are a single sleeper, try the single bed.
- Side sleepers: A mattress with a firmness level of 3 to 6 which is in the medium-soft category is ideal so that there is no pain in the shoulders of the hip.
- Stomach: A firmness level in the range of 5 to 7 which falls in the medium-firm to medium range is the best option.
Even after considering all these factors, WakeFit recommends that you sleep on the mattress and check the comfort before you purchase.