While most of us have been on a strict schedule of Eat.Sleep.Repeat, during this lockdown period. It is important that we take care of our tummy growls and cravings.
The process of thinking of what to eat, grocery shopping and the cooking time is so exhausting that we forget to savour the dish.
If you’re a couch potato and want some lit meal hacks, here are a few quick recipes you can prep in no time while you binge-watch!
- An Egg-cellent start.
Fluffy, Insta-worthy omelet
Salt to taste
- In a bowl, whisk 3 eggs with a pinch of salt until fluffy for 7-10 mins.
- Heat a non-stick pan on medium flame and grease it with butter.
- Add the egg mix and wait for 10-11 mins.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Mac me so happy
A classic Mac & Cheese
5 cups- Milk
2 cups- shredded cheese
- In a large pot, bring the milk to a boil.
- Add the macaroni and stir constantly until the pasta is cooked, for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, then add the cheddar. Stir until the cheese is melted and the pasta is evenly coated.
- And voila!
- You’re such a Smoothie
Banana and oats smoothie
½ cup- Rolled oats
1 cup -Milk
- Add rolled oats to a blender and blend until the oats are the size of a fine crumb.
- Add the banana and milk and blend well.
- Pour in a glass.
- What the Cluck?
2- chicken thighs, sliced into chunks
1 cup- soy sauce (240 mL)
½ cup- brown sugar
- Sear the chicken thighs evenly in a pan, then flip.
- Add the soy sauce and brown sugar, stirring and bringing to a boil.
- Stir until the sauce has reduced and evenly glazes the chicken.
- Serve with rice, if desired!
- Cake it easy
Chocolate-Hazelnut mug cake
1- cup chocolate hazelnut spread.
¼ cup -All-purpose flour (30 g)
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together ¾ cup (225 g) chocolate hazelnut spread and the eggs.
- Fold in the flour.
- Evenly distribute into two mugs.
- Microwave each mug for 2 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes.
- Frost with remaining chocolate hazelnut spread and serve warm.