An average person spends one-third of his life sleeping on a mattress, so it is essential to make the right choice. If it has been a while since your last mattress purchase and are on the lookout for a new one, there are many new features and brands available. The numerous choices available these days can leave you overwhelmed about how to shop without feeling disappointed at the end of the purchase. One of the popular ways of shopping is mattress online shopping as you get better deals than an offline store. There are many pros and cons of purchasing a queen size mattress online or offline in a store. Read below to find out more:
Make a collaborative decision:
- Online: Online shopping for a mattress helps to make a collaborative decision. For example, if you have just got married and moved into your new house you will want to buy a mattress that is comfortable for both of you. But in case one of you is busy at work and does not have the time to personally visit every store to check out the options or to test drive, then buying online is a great solution. Both of you can actively participate in the decision-making process using online tools.
- Offline: If you have the time and energy to shop around looking at various options and queen size bed dimensions then there is no better way to buy a mattress than going to a brick and mortar store. You can touch and feel the material, get an idea of the size and be able to check the comfort while you are at a store.
- Online: When you buy a mattress online, most retailers like WakeFit offer free delivery service. That means the bed lands at your doorstep at the date and time of your convenience. They set it up at your preferred room, hence buying online is hassle-free. You needn’t have to take the trouble of hiring a vehicle to transport it home or pay the transportation fee to the guy delivering at the local store.
- Offline: The major advantage of offline delivery especially if you have an old mattress is that they will take the old one with them. The same is not done by an online retailer.
- Online: Most retailers like Wakefit offer great discounts on their products on all beds of all sizes and thus it provides great savings. The reason behind these products being sold at great prices online is that they do not have any overhead costs of a brick and mortar store. Also, most of them have eliminated middlemen and thus manufacturing costs are reduced, they need not have the need for extra staff or office space since it is online. All these savings are passed on to the consumers through extra discounts.
- Offline: May not be able to offer great deals and discounts when compared to online but some users are more comfortable buying at a store as it seems more transparent and they get to talk to a salesperson live.
- Online: When you shop online, there is no salesperson pressurizing you to buy a product to reach a target. You can do your research, compare prices, check review and feedback from other customers and then make a decision.
- Offline: You can get your questions answered but may or may not be accurate information.
Online and offline shopping for a mattress has pros and cons. As per research, the satisfaction from buying online or offline does not matter very much. So buying a mattress online or from a store is an individual choice through online shopping offers a lot more convenience.