Which mattress is better, is it the spring mattress types or the form types? Isn’t it one big question on everyone’s mind before buying a mattress? The options available in the market are too many to choose from, and the Sea of brands there is, just adds to the confusion of whether to buy a memory foam mattress, latex mattress, or pocket spring mattress online or offline.
Before embarking on the major investment you’re planning to make in a mattress, or simply following the popular trend of buying the memory foam mattress online, let’s first try and understand the different types of mattresses available. This differentiation has been arrived at on the basis of several vital parameters. And we’re sure this will help you make the right decision.
To start with, always keep these two things in mind before comparing the various types of mattresses:
- You should not worry about the budget but instead, worry about the types of mattresses to choose from, since the mattress is good for about 8-10 years. This is significant because the average person spends one-third of their life sleeping. The spring mattress types, the memory foam mattress types, etc all come in many price ranges.
- You should not wish for a luxury hotel memory foam mattress feel, but rather go for what is comfortable for you to sleep in. For a single night, a hotel pocket spring mattress would have been comfortable, but in the long term, it’s not feasible to sleep on such a pocket spring mattress.
Types of Mattresses and their Pluses: Memory Foam Mattress is the Winner!
|Parameter||Foam Mattress||Memory Foam Mattress||Bones Spring Mattress||Pocket Spring Spring||Natural latex Mattress||Coir Mattress||Bonded Foam Mattress|
|Cool & Breathable||7||8||8||8||10||7||5|
|Doesn’t disturb the partner||9||9||5||8||9||9||7|
|Easy to move||9||9||6||6||9||9||4|
|Extended durability and lifespan||9||9||6||8||8||5||4|
|No flipping & rotating||8||8||7||7||7||6||3|
The above chart reflects the various parameters for the different types of mattresses, that help us rate them. What becomes more important now is to choose between the parameters of the different types of mattresses to invest in the perfect mattress for you. That will help you determine whether to buy a memory foam mattress, natural latex mattress or pocket spring mattress online.
Going with experience, the top 3 things that matter among the types of mattresses the most are universal comfort, breathability, and durability. The rest can be considered secondary requirements. Combining these 3 factors leads to the selection of a memory foam mattress. As a matter of fact, out of a latex mattress, pocket spring mattress and memory foam mattress online, close to 70% of the US mattress market is served by a memory foam mattress. We (Indians) have also shifted from our primary choice of pocket spring mattress or coir mattress to memory foam mattress online.
Here are a few examples to support the cause – universal comfort among different types of mattresses!
- If you happen to visit a reputed hospital, the mattress on which inwards for in-patients lie is the memory foam mattress.
- If you happen to listen to music on a good brand of earphones (e.g. Bose), the outer ear cover of the earphones is made using memory foam. It takes the shape of the ear and doesn’t push it back, and hence it is very comfortable.
- If you happen to see a pair of shoes or sandals made only for comfort, it will have memory foam in them.
- A Memory foam pillow along with a memory foam mattress online is very commonly used for treating cervical pain in the neck.
Breathability among the Types of Mattresses
When choosing among the types of mattresses be it the spring mattress types or the other types, breathability is important. When the mattress is breathable it allows the air to circulate and takes away the heat that is generated. During the night, the body heats up and that causes perspiration. A good mattress absorbs this and allows for restful sleep. Among the different types of mattresses, latex mattresses offer great breathability. Many manufacturers of Spring mattress types and memory foam make mattresses that are cool.
Which type of mattress is the most durable and serves the longest? There are many factors that affect the lifespan of the mattress. The materials that are used should be long-lasting. Going by the popularity of memory foam mattresses online it has to be a Memory foam mattress as it scores high in durability and can last for more than 10 years if made from high-quality foam. But some of the mattresses develop sags over time and lose their ability, when that happens it is time to change. Spring mattress types last for about 8 to 10 years but the springs can get damaged easily. Latex mattresses are also durable and long-lasting as they do not lose their properties easily.
If you are looking for a bed that helps you sleep like a baby, go for a memory foam mattress online. Or, if they bounce back and the hotel-feel is your priority, you can choose to buy a pocket spring mattress online. Please do remember, however, that Bonnel spring and pocket spring mattresses are two different types of mattresses. In general, Bonnel is worse than a pocket spring mattress.
P.S.: Many claims that bonded foam (one of the types of mattresses made from foam) is one of the best mattresses because of its firmness and durability, but it is actually the opposite. The kind of feeling that you get while sleeping on bonded foam is similar to sleeping on the ground – very hard!)