Which mattress is better, is it the spring ones or foam? What is the best type of mattress? These are the kind of questions that people often have before buying a mattress. The options available in the market are too many to choose from, and the Sea of brands there is, just adds to the confusion of whether to buy a memory foam mattress, latex mattress, or pocket spring mattress online or offline. At the end of the day, the best type of mattress is the one that suits you best!
Before embarking on the major investment you’re planning to make in a mattress, or simply following the popular trend of buying the memory foam mattress online, let’s first try and understand the different types of mattresses available. This differentiation has been arrived at on the basis of several vital parameters. And we’re sure this will help you decide on the best type of mattress for you!
To start with, always keep these two things in mind before comparing the various best type of mattress against one another :
- The average person spends ⅓ of their life sleeping. Buying a mattress is a long term investment since they last for about 8-10 years. Quality and budget are important factors to consider here. Wakefit understands that and we offer high quality mattresses with affordable pricing. For instance, the spring mattress types, the memory foam mattress types, etc all come in many price ranges.
- The type of mattress you ideally prefer is essential. For instance, if you prefer a bouncy feel then the Wakefit Spring Mattress is great but if you are more regularly experiencing back and neck pain, a more firm mattress such as the Wakefit Orthopedic Memory Foam Mattress is better for you. We at Wakefit have a range of mattresses that can match your comfort levels and personal preferences.
The best type of mattress and their features:
If you still cannot make up your mind which is best mattress type? Here’s a table that rates different types of mattresses out of 10 for comparison!
|Parameter||Foam Mattress||Memory Foam Mattress||Bones Spring Mattress||Pocket Spring Spring||Natural latex Mattress||Coir Mattress||Bonded Foam Mattress|
|Cool & Breathable||7||8||8||8||10||7||5|
|Doesn’t disturb the partner||9||9||5||8||9||9||7|
|Easy to move||9||9||6||6||9||9||4|
|Extended durability and lifespan||9||9||6||8||8||5||4|
|No flipping & rotating||8||8||7||7||7||6||3|
The above chart reflects the various parameters for the different types of mattresses that help us rate them. What becomes more important now is to choose between the parameters of the different types of mattresses to invest in the perfect mattress for you. That will help you determine whether to buy a memory foam mattress, natural latex mattress or pocket spring mattress online.
Spring Mattress vs Memory Foam Mattress vs Latex Mattress :
Which is Best Mattress Type?
Firstly let’s look at the basic differences between these mattresses:
Spring mattresses are a comparatively older type of mattress compared to a spring one. The latter is a newer concept. The differences between the two are based on the materials it is made from and hence in terms of cost/pricing. Moreover, while a spring mattress is more bouncy, a foam mattress feels softer.
Latex Mattress vs Memory Foam
If you do a latex mattress vs memory foam comparison, you will see that both are very durable. A latex has a bouncier feel that makes it great for chronic back pain and a memory foam mattress gives more pressure relief because of its slow-moving properties.
Spring Mattress vs Latex Mattress
One of the main differences between Spring Mattress vs Latex Mattress is the pricing. A spring mattress is more affordable but offers less support for the body compared to a memory foam mattress.
Going with experience, the top 3 things that matter among the types of mattresses the most are universal comfort, breathability, and durability. The rest can be considered secondary requirements. Combining these 3 factors leads to the selection of a memory foam mattress. As a matter of fact, out of a latex mattress, pocket spring mattress and memory foam mattress online, close to 70% of the US mattress market is served by a memory foam mattress. We (Indians) have also shifted from our primary choice of pocket spring mattress or coir mattress to memory foam mattress online.
Here are a few examples to support the cause
Universal Comfort Among Different Types of Mattresses:
- If you happen to visit a reputed hospital, the mattress on which inwards for in-patients lie is the memory foam mattress.
- If you happen to listen to music on a good brand of earphones, the outer ear cover of the earphones is made using memory foam. It takes the shape of the ear and doesn’t push it back, and hence it is very comfortable.
- If you happen to see a pair of shoes or sandals made only for comfort, it will have memory foam in them.
- A Memory foam pillow along with a memory foam mattress online is very commonly used for treating cervical pain in the neck.
Breathability Among the Types of Mattresses
When choosing among the types of mattresses be it the spring mattress types or the other types, breathability is important. When the mattress is breathable it allows the air to circulate and takes away the heat that is generated. During the night, the body heats up and that causes perspiration. So what type of mattress is best in terms of breathability? A good mattress absorbs this and allows for restful sleep. Among the different types of mattresses, latex mattresses offer great breathability. Many manufacturers of Spring mattress types and memory foam make mattresses that are cool.
Durability of Best Type of Mattress
What is the best type of mattress that is the most durable and serves the longest? There are many factors that affect the lifespan of the mattress. The materials that are used should be long-lasting. Going by the popularity of memory foam mattresses online it has to be a Memory foam mattress as it scores high in durability and can last for more than 10 years if made from high-quality foam. But some of the mattresses develop sags over time and lose their ability, when that happens it is time to change. Spring mattress types last for about 8 to 10 years but the springs can get damaged easily. Latex mattresses are also durable and long-lasting as they do not lose their properties easily.
If you are looking for the best type of mattress that helps you sleep like a baby, go for a memory foam mattress online. Or, if they bounce back and the hotel-feel is your priority, you can choose to buy a pocket spring mattress online. Please do remember, however, that Bonnel spring and pocket spring mattresses are two different types of mattresses. In general, Bonnel is worse than a pocket spring mattress.
P.S.: Many claim that bonded foam (one of the types of mattresses made from foam) is one of the best mattresses because of its firmness and durability, but it is actually the opposite. The kind of feeling that you get while sleeping on bonded foam is similar to sleeping on the ground – very hard!)
- What mattress is recommended for humid weather?
Latex mattresses are the best type of mattress for humid and hot weather. Latex is a material that is naturally cooling and does not trap body heat or sweat either, making it easy for you to fall asleep.
2. What is the best type of mattress for back pain?
Memory foam mattresses have been designed to reduce surface pressure and conform to the shape of your body. It makes you less likely to toss and turn during the night, thereby alleviating back pain symptoms. Latex mattresses are also recommended for back pain.
3. What type of mattress is best to buy online?
Wakefit is a leader in scientifically engineered beds and mattresses. When you buy a latex bed mattress from Wakefit, you get:
- 100 days trial with a risk-free return
- Doorstep delivery
- 10 Years warranty (not offered by any other leading brands)
- 0% No Cost EMI
- Premium quality fabric