Do you often find it difficult to fall into deep, restful sleep? Done all you can to try and fix the problem? Well, there is one more thing you can try – indoor plants for your bedroom that helps you sleep better. Yes, they actually exist! They do not just bring beauty and freshness to your bedroom, but also have amazing purifying and relaxing benefits that can help in promoting a healthy sleeping pattern. Stress and anxiety are the leading causes of insomnia, so it is a good idea to place plants that have a calming effect all over your home, including your bedroom.
10 Bedroom Plants to Improve Your Sleep
Here is a look at 10 of the best bedroom plants to help you sleep like a baby every night:
- Peace Lilies: Rated one of the best air purifying plants, Peace Lilies are elegant white flowers with dark green leaves that make any space look amazing. What is so special about this flower is that they are great at breaking down and neutralizing harmful gases, particularly carbon monoxide, formaldehyde, and benzene, particulates of which might be floating around your house. The Peace Lily also absorbs mold spores that float about, through its leaves, and uses them as food. It helps boost the quality of the air while you are sleeping.
- Spider Plants: The Spider Plant is another superb choice for your bedroom and other spaces in your home. It helps in improving air quality by going toe-to-toe with harmful chemicals like carbon monoxide, xylene, formaldehyde, and benzene which are known to cause brain fog and headaches. Low-maintenance yet beautiful, Spider Plants are excellent to bring to your bedroom to help you sleep better.
- Lavender: Everyone knows about how Lavender’s pleasant fragrance helps you relax while helping ease stress and anxiety. It is a perfect choice when looking for bedroom plants as it is not only beautiful but also works effectively in helping people who suffer from restlessness, insomnia, etc. to induce deep, restful sleep.
- Rosemary: Although commonly known for being used in cooking, Rosemary is also a great choice for plants to place in your bedroom to help you sleep. Its properties support the nervous system and circulatory health, relieving stress and boosting concentration. Placing a pot of Rosemary in your bedroom will improve the quality of air and encourage better sleep.
- Snake Plants: Also known as mother-in-law’s tongue, this is an amazing plant that you should keep in your bedroom for better sleep. The Snake Plant helps in filtering harmful toxins from the air you breathe, eliminating carbon dioxide and releasing oxygen throughout the night so that you can sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed and energized. This plant is especially ideal for those with breathing issues like asthma and allergies.
- Jasmine: With its sweet-smelling fragrance and pretty flowers, Jasmine is one of the best indoor plants to help you sleep better. Its scent is known to reduce anxiety levels and improve the quality of sleep. Jasmine is easy to care for and all you need to do is plant it in a pot and place it in your bedroom.
- Gardenia: This exquisite flowering indoor plant is another amazing choice for your bedroom to improve your sleep. Gardenia has an active carotenoid compound named crocetin which has been found to be highly effective in improving sleep quality. Place a pot of Gardenia next to your bedroom window so that it grows healthy and works its magic to help you sleep better.
- Valerian: With its beautiful scented flowers, this perennial flowering household plant is known to be a superb natural cure for insomnia. Valerian is currently used as a primary ingredient in products with sedative effects. If you are looking for bedroom plants that will beautify your room as well as help you sleep like a baby, go for Valerian.
- English Ivy: Another air purifying plant, English Ivy is an easy-to-maintain plant that needs only moderate sun exposure. People with allergies and asthma can benefit from this plant as it helps in improving symptoms, which in turn impacts both sleep quality and quantity. However, if you are going to keep English Ivy in your bedroom, make sure that it is out of reach of children and pets as it is toxic to them.
- Gerbera Daisies: These flowers come in bright and cheerful colors like pink, yellow, white, and orange, and are guaranteed to lift your mood and make your room look pretty. Gerbera Daisies release oxygen at night, helping you breathe more easily while sleeping. These lovely daisies are especially recommended if you suffer from allergies or sleep apnea. Keep in mind that Gerbera Daisies are prone to fungal infections and need special attention.
Apart from these plants and flowers, there are many other indoor plants that are superb for keeping in your bedroom to help you sleep better. From simple green plants to those with beautiful blossoms, you can take your pick from countless varieties. Make sure to choose plants that are not toxic to children and pets, and select a mix of air-purifying plants and those with scents that induce sleep to get the benefits of both. Place little pots of amazing plants in your bedroom and say goodbye to sleepless nights!