An average person spends close to one-third of his/her life sleeping. Quality sleep of 8 to 9 hours every night is essential for the physical, mental and overall health of a person. One of the crucial elements in getting a good shut-eye is a mattress. A quality mattress with ample space to move around in sleep is critical to get the needed rest. Most often people complain of disturbed sleep due to partner disturbances namely snoring, cover-stealing or motion disturbances. Sleeping on a larger King Size Bed Furniture can effectively reduce these issues and allow for a peaceful and relaxed night.
What Is King Size Bed Furniture?
These are beds that are the largest that are currently available in the market. In the US, the king-size beds are of two sizes; Standard king-size beds and California King with the California king longer than the standard king-size. A standard king-size mattress occupies the same amount of space as two twin beds. It is best suited for couples or sleepers who like to have a lot of space while sleeping. The common king size bed dimensions are 76”*80” for a standard king bed.
History of King Size Bed Furniture:
What is a king size bed? When was it invented? How did it come to be known? The modern king size bed design we see at stores today was not always the same, it evolved over the years. Here’s some history!
In the late 1940s, people in America used to sleep on full size or twin beds. The sales team in the mattress industry to increase the sales used to advertise using two twin beds joined together by placing it adjacently. That was essential to make people buy double the bedding than they would. Until about 1945 the idea never occurred to them to make a larger mattress, but finally, they started manufacturing and introducing the queen and king size bed dimensions. It was only in the 1950s that Americans warmed up to the idea of a larger mattress one of the reasons was that the Americans grew bigger and hence needed larger bedding. Post-WWII, the economy started booming, and the people wanted to have the best furniture and big new houses which contributed to the rise of larger mattresses.
Moreover, new marketing techniques were used to lure customers to buy more than a double bed mattress. In 1961, The National Association of Bedding Manufacturers came up with a slogan ‘buy bigger, sleep better’ while comparing the full-sized beds to cribs. The marketing trick worked, and the king-size bed became hugely successful.
Benefits of Buying King Size Bed Furniture?
Here of some reasons you why should consider upgrading to king-size bed furniture:
- If you are sleeping on a double bed mattress with your partner, each one will get a space of about 2’3” which is less space than a baby cot.
- Studies have shown that couples who sleep in larger beds sleep better than in a standard bed. According to a survey, 15% of respondents said they would buy larger beds before a trial, and more than 50% said that they would buy a larger bed after a trial.
- If you think a king size bed means hole in your pocket, that is not true! You can find affordable and high-quality king-size beds with retailers like WakeFit.
- Bed sizes which are larger than other bed mattress are popular among people who have space available in their bedroom. So don’t be left behind, instead of having a divan in your bedroom opt for a king-size bed.
- On average, a sleeper tosses and turns around 60 to 70 times in a night so if you or your partner have the habit of tossing and disturbing each other, then you will want to invest in a larger bed to avoid this disturbance.
- Additionally, King Size Bed Furniture is also recommended if you experience insomnia or restlessness often. Having a larger bed may alleviate the issue.
- A king size bed means extra room for breathing. A bigger bed enables better breathing through the night.
- A bigger bed also helps ease any soreness, joint pain,and pressure points in the long run.
Bed sizes that are larger are a great investment to make not just in terms of money, but also to promote a healthy relationship with your partner and also to get better quality sleep.
1. How to plan for buying a king-size bed?
Here are some things you need to consider before buying king size bed furniture:
- Sleep style
- Bed frame
- Number of persons
- Delivery options
2. How much does king size bed furniture cost?
The cost of a king size bed furniture depends on the type of bed frame, the design, the color, the size and where you buy it from.
At Wakefit, we offer a range of king size bed furniture that meets your needs:
Price (starting from)
3. What is the size of a King Size Bed?
The average dimension of king size bed furniture is about 76”*80” for a standard king bed.
4. How much is king size bed bigger than queen?
A king size bed is generally 72 inches(1.8 m) in width and 72 to 78 inches (1.83m to 1.98m) in length, whereas the dimensions of a queen size beds is roughly 60 or 66 inches(1.52m or 1.68 m) in width and 72 to 75 inches (1.83m to 1.91m) in length.
5. What is a king size bed?
These are the largest beds currently available in the market. This size is usually suitable for two grown adults or two adults with a child. Because of its large dimensions, it is perfect for the master bedroom of a house.